TMRA D-Star Information|
Need information or help with using D-STAR? Check this out! (4MB PDF)
D-STAR for Dummies
1. Voice ID and ask if the repeater is in use before doing any linking and/or unlinking.
2. The D-STAR repeater is to remain unlinked when not in use: this means, do not link it and then leave the repeater without unlinking it.
3. Linking the repeater is to be done with the sole purpose of making a contact: no linking just to hear the repeater - it is not a scanner. Link the repeater, make your call, and when done, unlink it.
4. Membership in TMRA is NOT required to link or unlink the repeater.
5. TMRA members have priority over non-members for linking and unlinking.
6. Amateur internet gateway users are limited to only one device connected to gateway server at a time: that is one device per call sign, DV Dongle or DVAP or Hotspot.
7. The D-STAR Committee and the TMRA Executive Committee reserve the right to restrict access to the repeater in the case of repeated failures to respect and follow the policies and rules stated above.
If you're not currently registered on the D-Star network, you must first register!
To determine if you're registered on the D-Star network, please use this link.
Type in your call sign and hit the SUBMIT button.
If it says No Registration! then you are NOT registered on the D-Star network!
If it says Registration OK then you ARE registered on the D-Star network and DO NOT NEED to register with our repeater.
To register with the TMRA W8HHF D-Star gateway please follow these instructions!
TMRA D-Star Gateway Registration Link
Remember that registration is a TWO-STEP process, ensure that you've completely followed the instructions!
If you are having issues, please verify that you've fully registered by following the instructions in the top-most bullet point above. If it says No Registration! after looking up your call sign then you have NOT fully completed the registration process!!!
If you have followed the above process fully and still have issues, please e-mail the TMRA D-Star Administrator.
D-STAR REPEATER INFORMATION:
R1/RPT1: W8HHF B (This is our 440 RF node)
R2/RPT2: W8HHF G (This is our Internet gateway)
DV-Dongle / DV-Access Point (DVAP)
Use W8HHF B or W8HHF C
D-STAR REPEATER STATUS:
TMRA W8HHF Gateway Status Page (DPlus Dashboard)
Reflector 38 Gateway Status Page
X-Reflector 38 Gateway Status Page
Side-By-Side view W8HHF & REF038 DPlus & XREF038 Dashboards
TMRA D-STAR PROGRAMMING/LINKING COMMANDS:
The system uses the traditional ICOM D-Plus commands...Remember the control code goes in the last position when issuing commands, so you may have to query the system to see if (or even how) the
system is linked up. Some commands (with samples) are listed below.
Link = "aaabbbcL"
where aaa = "REF" - for reflector
where bbb = "030" - for reflector number (030 is out of the Atlanta, GA area)
where c = "C" for the 2 meter port on the reflector
Unlink = " U"
Info = " I"
Echo = " E"
Normal QSO = "CQCQCQCQ"
Other linking commands remain the same, but you'll want to un-link from a linked repeater or reflector if it is linked up and not being used (just listen first as usual).
174 slide powerpoint presentation (in PDF format).
Helpful reflector linking information.
Newbies Guide to D-STAR
DSTAR for the non-DSTAR Ham
D-Star Users Website
Front page shows most recent D-Star users!
Also has a great Google Maps-based visual/interactive map of D-Star repeaters.
D-Star Info Website
Front page lists newly installed D-Star repeaters, recently updated repeaters, and links to newest versions of D-Star related software..
D-Star Reflector List
D-Star Nets List
Another Google Maps-based visual/interactive map of D-Star repeaters. Also shows non-Internet linked (i.e., standalone) D-Star repeaters.
Great software for transferring data using D-Star...
Useful for EmComm groups
Works on Windows, Linux, & Mac!!!
The TMRA runs our own "Ratflector" (D-RATS Reflector):
Via 440 Packet/TNC over RF
Packet Speed: 1200
Freq: 441.050Mhz (Simplex, no PL)
DV-Dongle Yahoo Users Group - Good for tech support issues.
DV-Access Point Website
DV-Access Point Yahoo Users Group - Good for tech support issues.
Free software, runs on Windows & Linux, for radio memory channel programming.